[gameprogrammer] SDL_ttf and OpenGL

  • From: "Kevin Fields" <drunkendruid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:22:13 -0300

Hey people,

I'm having an issue with trying to get SDL_ttf to work with OpenGL.
I've posted on the SDL mailing list, but I'm still not sure how I can go
about getting SDL_ttf to render to the screen.

One method I was told to use was to take the surface generated by
TTF_RenderText_*() and make a texture out of it, then applying that texture
to a quad (or triangle strip) and rendering to the screen. When I tried
that, nothing appeared.

Has anyone been able to get fonts working with SDL and OpenGL?

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*