[gameprogrammer] Re: Rumble

  • From: "Lilith Calbridge" <lilith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 23:15:53 -0500

Making two guesses here.  The roughness could be a matter of the motor speed,
as opposed to it's duty factor.  I'm thinking you have no control over speed.

I'm also thinking that if you vary the duty factor randomly, within certain
limits, between sequential on/off phases you create an unexpected behavior that
isn't "smooth."  Changing the minimum and maximum of the duty factor could also
produce certain degrees of roughness.

--
Lilith