[gameprogrammer] Re: Racing Game

  • From: "Sam Nova" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:20:01 +0100

Hi,

Since you already got some 'check' points you can just calculate the
distance to the next one, if that one decreases then all is fine, if it
increases then it is no good and you show the sign. Of course you need
some special checks when you go from one checkpoint to the next. Oh, and
maybe wait a bit time before you write the 'wrong way' to the player..
depends on the game of course but on some games it makes sense if the
player goes a bit back (driving backwards because the player hit
something) or if the player collided with another car.

Good luck,

Sam