[gameprogrammer] Protecting data on iPhone/iPod

  • From: Roman Hwang <hwang.roman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 23:14:24 +0900

Hello, everyone.

Does anybody has experience in protecting vulnerable data of iPhone/iPod
applications?
It's a bit offtopic, but since there are many iPhone game applications, some
may find it interesting.

Basically, i need to find a way to protect following data:
an associated map with string as keys, and lists of some data structures as
values.

What is important is the association. The keys and data structures can be
open.

I was planning to implement some module that will perform association in C++
or Objective-C++ (i'm pretty new to iPhone/iPod development).
But I've found that I don't have much information about protecting data,
since I've never encounter such problem.

Maybe somebody can share some articles or give an advice.

Best regards,
Roman Hwang