[gameprogrammer] Re: How do you make a templated class a friend of a non templated class?

  • From: Matthew Weigel <unique@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:53:53 -0500

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:38:41 -0700, Alan Wolfe wrote:

Hey there!

I have 2 classes such as below (defined in this order, but they can be
reversed if needed)

class A
{
};

template
class B
{
};

I need to make friend B a class of friend A but unfortunately i can't
find the right syntax.

If i put this in class A...

friend class B;

it gives me a compile error about class B saying "class template has
already been declared as a non-class template"

If instead, i put this in class A...

friend class B<class T>;

it gives me a syntax error at the "
Does anyone know what the right syntax is? Google isn't helping much.

I think it's:

template<class> friend class B;

--
 Matthew Weigel