[gameprogrammer] Re: Game programming in VB?

  • From: "Evan Stone" <recombinantstudios@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:26:23 -0800

Hi Todd,

Have you considered C#? If you're familiar with Delphi, then I'd suggest
taking a look at C# over VB.NET. It will probably feel a bit more
comfortable (hopefully). Your skills will be a bit more marketable as
well... ;)

As far as engines go, here's one that claims to work for .NET languages:

  http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/

.and a list of them can be found here as well (and it includes a C#
section, though Irrlicht is not included in the list for some reason):

  http://gpwiki.org/index.php/Game_Engines

I'm sure if you nose around on GameDev.net and it's forums you'll probably
get some good information on the subject.

HTH!

evan stone | recombinant
independent game developer
petaluma, ca, usa