[gameprogrammer] Re: Fixed point vs floating point in modern computers

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:46:08 -0800

I don't really want to make my code have the requirement of needing shaders
at this point.

As it currently stands, i can run it on any device / machine that can
compile C++ and has a way for me to copy pixels to the display and find
that really attractive since i have a lot of lateral mobility (while
maintaining a single code base)

Not quite sure all of what I want to do with it yet and that lateral
mobility is really nice for me, and makes it easy to showcase the
techniques i came up with.

If i could use something like perhaps OpenCL and i could abstract it well
enough such that the same code worked on CPU and GPU, i'd be interested in
something like that, but i dont want to fork it or muddy the waters or
limit my options just yet.