[gameprogrammer] Re: 3d file formats

  • From: Szasz Pal <space@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:49:52 +0200

Tom Wilson wrote:
> You might like to also try OBJ format
>
> It can be exported from blender and a lot of other packages.  Has
> texture mapping support and is totally text based.  It's also very simple.
Yeah, I use almost the same. I do the models in blender, then export to
Videoscape format (it has also the extension .obj, also text based, but
as I see, it's different).  I already have to converter for videoscape
format, but most people don't use these formats, that's why I was
looking for a description of the popular formats. Now I have the
information, I just need the time to do it :-)
--
Best regards,
Szasz Pal

-- Type: text/x-vcard