Decoding megadumps

  • From: "Christoffer Hafsahl" <christoffer.hafsahl@xxxxxx>
  • To: galileo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 23:55:14 +0100

Hi All

I've just started tinkering with the megadumps produced by Galileo as part
of a Msc class at Gjøvik University College, Norway. While the goal is to
get as much data out of the dump as possible, at the moment I'm happy with
any data...

From what I've seen on the wiki, the first 16 bytes of the dump is the
header. Of these, the two first indicates the device used. After that
follows the data, until the last 9 bytes in the dump.

Of these 9, the first three appear to be static. For my Charge HR they are
C0 42 0D.

The next two are unknown to me. After that follows two bytes with the size
of the header+data, in little endian (reversed), and at the end 00 00.

Has anyone been able to dig up more information about the other fields in
the header or footer, or any information about the dump itself? Any clues
as to whether or not it is encrypted, compressed (or a combination), or if
it just has a weird encoding?

regards
Chris