<FWG> [Shadowdancer] Fuck Men!

  • From: Jet <offerings_burnt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freedom Writers <fwgalaxy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 01:14:52 -0800 (PST)

Fuck Men!
  by Dan and Bella

  Micah shifted and lay beside her on the soft mattress.

"God I missed you," she sighed with content.

He said nothing.

  Bella nuzzled into his arm. "What, you didn't miss me?"

"What? Oh, ?course I did. That was good, B."

"Yeah, sound a little enthused why don't you."

  "Here we go again."

  "What do you mean by that? I just got back," Bella said, propping herself
onto her elbow.

"It's always the same fucking thing. You get pissed because I'm not at your
beck and call and then you start bitching and I never hear the end of it . . .
much less get any fucking sleep!"

Isabella's mouth dropped open and she rolled out of bed. "How dare you!"

  "Do you mind bitching somewhere else ?cause I'm tired and I really don't give
a damn?"

Letting out a scream of frustration, Bella threw on a robe and stormed out of
the room feeling a heavy weight forming inside her stomach. What the hell was
that?

  ***

  The door to the lounge slid open as she approached, glad that there was
hardly any crew right now.

"Fuck him!" She screamed to an empty room as the door closed behind her.

  ***

  Dan looked up, angry eyes that might've melted the doors if he had phasers
inside those brown pupils. The lights were on, making Dan frown considering the
time. He shrugged the thought off, gripping the padds tighter and strode fast
enough that the lounge doors almost didn't open. He scanned the area, finding
Bella on a small couch, far away from the burnt areas in the room.

  "What are you doing up?" Dan asked, not exactly in a polite tone. He took a
seat across from her and threw the padds on the table.

  "Fuck men!"

  Dan rolled his eyes, "Well if that's the explanation you've got then forget I
asked anything." He took a padd, and started working on it.

  "Micah kicked me out as soon as we had sex! God, I don't know what's wrong
with him. It's like I came home to a totally different person." She knocked
back the amber liquid in front of her and poured another one. "D'you think he's
cheatin' on me?"

  "With who? Not like there's a decent person on this damn ship to cheat with,"
Dan retorted, paying more attention to his work.

  He suddenly threw the padd on the table, scattering the rest of the padds and
moving the bottle an inch from being toppled over. He took a deep breath,
trying to calm his nerves, "If it's not another person, could be something
else, dunno what, so don't ask."

  "Wow, some friend. What's wrong with you tonight?" She gave up on the cup and
went straight for the bottle.

  "I broke it off with Nate."

  Bella spewed her mouthful of whiskey all over Dan's shirt. "You what?!"

  "You heard me!" Dan answered, "I'm tired of his mistakes. I'm tired of
everything. His last mistake was the worst and you know it."

  "Well . . . yeah, but I thought you guys made up over that." She handed him
the bottle.

  "Made up?" Dan looked at her incredulously before taking a swig. The alcohol
burned, but he ignored it, "I haven't had any support from that bastard. Any,
Bella. It's too cold what he did and," he shook his head, "No, no, I shouldn't
- I'm not - putting up with it."

  "Hey," she said softly, putting a hand on his arm. "I know. But I was there,
'member? Me and you. Looks like its you and me again." Bella reached for the
bottle and took another hard swig. Surely it would hit her soon and it would
stop hurting.

  "We never should've left if we were just going to up-and-leave so soon," Dan
said softly. The bottle came back and Dan shook his head, "Than again if we
didn't," he smirked, "I wouldn't have seen exactly how self centered Nate can
be."

  Bella stood up to move around the table. The room spun as the alcohol caught
up with her, but she steadied herself and stepped around to sit in Dan's lap,
wrapping her arms around his neck. "I know . . . but . . . well, we had to come
home some time. We were gone for four months . . ." Her words sounded slurred
to her and she wondered if she'd actually said them out loud or in her head.

  "I wasn't ready," Dan replied. He looked up to Bella a little and gave a
small smile, "light weight, you think you'd be good for at least five shots . .
. Anyway, I guess it's over."

  "Hey, you don't know how drunk I was 'fore you came in." She reached for the
bottle, took a swig, then snuggled in closer. "That sucks, you know. I don't
wanna choose sides."

  "You won't. Not like I'm going anywhere."

  "Good 'cause I need you. Love you even." Her sentence was punctuated with
hiccups. "So do you think he's cheatin' on me?"

  Dan smirked, "Not unless he's gay, is he?" He looked at Bella with a frown.

  "Funny. He thinks you and Nate are icky for sleeping t'gether. But he was at
Rham Izad . . . last time I checked, there's Orions there. And you know how
they are. An' Micah ain't exactly big on bein' cel'bate."

  "Then I suggest you rummage through your quarters when he's on the bridge."

  "Why? Think I'm gonna find lipstick on his collar?" She rolled her eyes,
though Dan couldn't see it because she was snuggled in so tightly to the crook
of his neck.

  "Hey, you asked, I'm giving you ideas."

  "Okay, okay." She shivered, suddenly feeling very sleepy and . . . naked in
only a silk dressing robe.

  "Come on, light weight, you need to sleep. Surely there's a room 'Dancer can
power up." He got up, holding Bella close to him so she didn't fall.

  "Oh, so now I'm loved," Dancer said sarcastically.

  "I haven't given you hell, girl. But you'll know it when I do."

  "Yeah, yeah, deck 3, twerps. Good night."

  "I swear you have to fix that computer, shrimp . . . Shrimp?" She'd fallen
asleep on her feet. Making a heavy sigh, "Lightweight," he said again and
scooped her up and left the lounge.

http://mail.yahoo.com