<FWG> Preface to "The Fool"

  • From: Jason Ziredac <ziredac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fwgalaxy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

First and foremost, a disclaimer: as far as I can recall, Brad told me that the
USS Banshee had ended with a literal bang. This may have been a projected
outcome, this may have been me completely dreaming it up. If anyone receiving
this knows for sure and I am wrong, please forgive me. I can justify it by
pointing out that the FWG--although kinda unofficially, and not thoroughly--is
an alternate universe to the CPA, and while I don't feel comfortable saying
concretely that it's my decision that the Banshee of the FWG world was blown to
smithereens, I'll stick with it, as it has no major impact on the story.

This may seem futile to you, but I'm thorough. I'm sure you picked up on that.

Anyway, good to be writing logs again! I've been editing my non-Star Trek book
for months and haven't felt alright about working on anything else. Until
finally, I said "Screw it" and wrote a pickup log from when the presumed-dead
Cannon Everett would continue his story after the Banshee's end.

Finally, a filler-inner of the events this log. The "Time Catastrophe" and the
story related by the older couple Cannon walks by are detailed in my logs
"Where I End and You Begin" and "Fitter Happier" from the Meridian catalog.
Long story short: the Jason who was mentioned was my MC from the Meridian,
whose fiancee was murdered by his gone-batshit best friend. Quite
supernaturally, this tragedy was corrected by the efforts of Jack Leirone, a
Jason Ziredac from the not-too-distant future, and an "angel"-like being named
Cannon Everett, who's much older and possesses time-powers. Is this correction
for the good of the "Time Catastrophe," or does it make it worse?

Well, should you care,
//www.freelists.org/archives/ussmeridian/02-2005/msg00012.html = "Where I
End and You Begin"

//www.freelists.org/archives/ussmeridian/04-2005/ = the page containing
the "Fitter Happier" parts (you'll see them).

These logs are for all y'all. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I do
writing them.