Re: web application

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 09:52:16 -0600

Leo Van den Brande wrote:
> Are there any caveats when moving a RS desktop application to the web
> using the RS web edition?
> I think of the xml text as I store it in the database and the
> plugin's. I'm using the Einhugurs plugins, the SSCEngine and the
> Window splitter. The latter two are not used in the compiled program.
> But, perhaps, there is more...
> I will appreciate your advice.

Since you are writing this to the FTC list, let me say the FTC
obviously won't work for a web application.

In general you have to use the controls provided by the web
edition. Stuff that is faceless like the SSCEngine will work fine,
but I don't think you can use the window splitter.

FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.