Graphic plugins and the FTC

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:25:33 -0600

FYI,

The FTC has relied on MBS or Einhugur plugins to read and write
out pictures. In RS2010R3 they added methods to the picture class
that read and write JPEGs and PNGs. This means in version 2.2 the
requirement for plugins will be eliminated. I can't say for sure,
but it looks like RS read the requirements for the FTC and added
these method (which only happen to support JPEGs and PNGs). Hmmmm.

What does this mean for you? You won't require any plugins in your
applications. The downside is the minimum IDE version will be
RS2010R3. My support policy says I support the current version and
one version back of the IDE. Today in practical terms, that means
RS2010R4 and above. So as a heads up, if you are on an older
version of the IDE, you will need to upgrade in order to run
version 2.2.

Note, I recommend everyone upgrade to RS2010R5.1 because RS fixed
a huge memory leak with dragging pictures.

FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.