FTC beta 15 preview 3

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 22:39:01 -0600

Beta 15 preview 3 has been uploaded to the web site.

http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html

As was pointed out in a previous message on this list, there seems
to be some problems with printing under Windows. I have made some
changes to address this in this preview, but it has certain
differences. All the printing code is working as designed, but it
does not format the output the same as the display. Perhaps this
is a scaling problem when printing. So it is printing correctly,
but not as expected.

We are getting very close to a final release and I would like to
hear any comments on the stability of the FTC. Most of what I have
left (besides the printing problem) is to fix some RTF bugs. Then
I will do a full regression on all platforms.

The user guide has been updated again. Are there any subjects you
want me to cover in the user guide?

Here's what is new with this preview...

- Implemented smart text insertion. For example, when you delete
the first character of a style with a back space, the next
character you type at that position will get its style from the
character you just deleted. This affects backspace, forward
delete, and the menu items cut and clear.

- Optimize the native FTC XML output for size be using default
values for selected values in the FTObject, FTStyleRun, and
FTParagraph classes.

- Changed the pragma handling at the beginning of each method in
the FTC. You can now control the bounds checking, nil object
checking, and stack overflow checking by changing the constants in
the module FTCPragma. Note, if you turn these pragmas on, you will
be responsible catching and handling any exceptions generated.
There is a trade off in speed of execution if you turn these
pragmas on.

- Enhanced printing to account for page size specified by the user
in the page setup dialog.

FTC Website: www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.