FTC beta 15 preview 1

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 14:49:13 -0600

Beta 15 preview 1 has been uploaded to the web site. Now begins
the final march towards the general release of FTC version 1.0.

http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html

I am now updating the user guide included with the preview
download. I am trying to do a section a day and I am starting with
the topical sections first. If you have questions you want
addressed in the user guide, send them to me.

Here's what is new with this preview...

- Removed all "#pragma DisableAutoWaitCursor" statements. This
should increase speed up to 20% depending on the situation.

- Added a design time property "AllowPictures" to the
FormattedText class that will allow you to control if pictures
will be accepted by the control. You can use this property to make
the FTC to behave more like an EditField.

- The area above pictures (when the before space attribute is
greater than zero) was not being filled in with the selection
color or background color. This has been fixed.

FTC Website: www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.