Re: [FTC_b15pv33] Solid Caret at Startup

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:26:10 -0500

Bob Keeney wrote:
I'm having an issue where the Caret in the control is solid and not blinking at app startup. Is there a way to force it to be invisible?

Once it gets the focus it's fine but it initially looks a little weird to have the caret there not blinking.

This is an issue in the demo app as well with the multiple editors window. Open the window and note that the left FTC has the focus and the cursor is blinking. In the right FTC the caret is solid. Once you put the focus on it they both act as they're supposed to.

This is a bug. It should be hidden if it does not have the focus.
I don't have a quick workaround off the top of my head.

FTC Website:
http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/FormattedTextControl/FormattedTextControl.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.