FTC 1.7.1 beta 3

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:48:12 -0600

FTC 1.7.1 beta 3 has been uploaded to the web site.

In order to enhance the selection of lines via shift-arrow key
combinations so that it acts more consistently, I had to implement
the plicrow feature. A pilcrow is the backwards "P" character at
the end of the paragraph that represents a return. The pilcrow
support was a fairly significant update to the selection
algorithms, so please let me know if you find any funky behavior
with selections.

Here's what's new with this beta...

- Added support for pilcrows (the backwards P character at the end
of a paragraph).

- When you show invisibles it now includes a dot for tabs and
pilcrows characters.

- Added the ShowPilcrows flag to allow you control the appearance
of the pilcrow character. If this is set to false, it will still
display the selected background of the pilcrow. This is useful for
specialized editors.

- Added InvisiblesColor property to allow you to change the colors
of invisible characters.

- Fixed a problem with the style run width cache that caused
occasional wrong width values to be returned. This would show up
when you were selecting something.

FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.