FTC 1.5 beta 2

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:42:15 -0500

FTC 1.5 beta 2 has been uploaded to the web site.

With this beta I implemented an RBScript editor! This editor
supports syntax coloring and automatic line indentation just like
the RB IDE. If you implement the use of RBScript for your end
users, having a nice RB IDE like editor will make editing the
scripts a real joy. You can see it in action in the the demo by
selecting "Examples->RB Code Editor". I have not finished the
implementation of the editor, so I would not deploy it yet in a
real application just yet, but you can play with it.

To support the RBScript editor, I added a new editing mode called
single view mode. This is just like edit mode except each
paragraph is displayed as a single line and the right margin
extends out to the length of the longest line. After I am done
perfecting this mode, you can implement code editors and such.

The other thing of note in this beta is the change to the scroll
to caret functionality. It now follows horizontal movement.

Here's what's new with this beta...

- Implemented FTRBScriptField. This is an editor for REALbasic
language that supports syntax coloring and line indention.

- Removed a restriction where a click off the page in the control
wouldn't reset the insertion point to the right side of the
affected line.

- Added a single line mode to the parser where it takes an entire
paragraph and displays it as one line. This is useful for code
editors.

- Reworked the naming of the edit view mode to setEditViewMode to
make it more clear. Also overloaded it to allow passing
in individual margin values so that you can have more control over
the look and feel.

- Added more range checking to the adjust display functionality.

- Added more nil checking to the change selection methods.

- Implemented scrolling to the caret when you type in the
horizontal direction so that the insertion caret will always be
visible after you type.

FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.