[FSW Project] Re: Seems our lists are publicly visible

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:33:35 -0700

Mikhail,

Freelists offers free and open mailing lists, meaning that everything is public, although you'll have to do a bit of digging to find it, and to know it's even there. This may be a concern, but I don't believe any of our communications have been strictly confidential. Freelists' statement on the matter was, "If you wish to keep information private, perhaps FreeLists isn't the best fit for your group? While we used to offer a means of setting a password on archives, this feature is now disabled as it was being used too widely. Keep in mind that FreeLists can't survive without open, free access."

I apologize if I didn't mention this sooner, I didn't think the communication would be strictly confidential. If it is, we can find another way of communicating, or simply insert our email addresses instead of a mailing list.

-Nate

On 7/16/2014 10:56 PM, Mikhail Gofman wrote:
//www.freelists.org/post/fswproject/FSW-Project-Meeting,2