[fsug-calicut] Re: [fsug-kochi-discuss] IT@SCHOOL, KERALA

  • From: Suraj Kumar <suraj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 23:18:28 +0530

Ashraf Akkode wrote on Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 09:20:09AM -0800:
,----
|      Now our kerela Gov: is facing ecnomical problem.But,they give our
| money for  microsoft for calling computrisation  of kerela.They follow
| very  stupid   method.They  cheat   the  people.At  present   a  fully
| security,efficiant,user friendly GNU/linux  os and related software is
| availabe.Govt not mind about this.why this is.
`----

We see a  similar problem cropping up  now in TN too. The  TN govt has
formed a panel which will  decide whether Proprietary Software or Free
Software (err... they  use the term 'open source')  should be used for
the  computerisation of  the entire  Administrative  facilities.  This
project is very good by itself - provides infrastructure - enables ppl
to  do  anything  and everything  related  to  the  TN Govt  over  the
Internet.   The  bad  thing  is  that the  panel  has  pro-proprietary
people. The FSUG Chennai will try and do its part. We will cannibalise
FSUG-kochi's memo and  present it to them. Most of  these guys seem to
be convinced with M$'s FUD that Free Software will be uneconomical and
that 'Free'  Software isn't worth because  they dont pay  for it. They
think the availability of the  source code isn't necessary because any
ways it wont be useful to them, they say.

   -Suraj
--
| A false grin at the face and back-baiting are                        |