[fsug-calicut] Re: Triple-Boot Problem

  • From: "Sharafudheen V.K" <sharafcmr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 17:04:06 +0530

hi
Here you had installed centOS on the previous ubuntu boot loader so all the
kernal details of ubuntu is overwritten by centOS boot loader. For getting
all linux flavours, you have to  install BL of  one of them on its own /
partition. Edit the grub.conf/menu.lst of centOSand add  label  ,  kernel
path of ubuntu n initrd...etc). After making these changes, you have to boot
in live cd(ubuntu) and install the boot loader on your ubuntu /
partition(/dev/sda3 )(DONT INSTTALL ON THE HARDDISK)

Thanks & Regards

SharafudheenVK

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 11:23 AM, ABOOBACKER PULLISSERI <
aboobacker0821@xxxxxxxxx>
rote: