[fsug-calicut] Remote home folder

  • From: "stranger in black....." <gnuise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:36:47 +0530

hello.....

I got a work ( along with Jemshid) in Wayanad engineering college, to setup
their computer lab with ubuntu. Following are their requirements.

   1. Install ubuntu in all the computers.
   2. Install ubuntu in server.
   3. The home folder for the user should be in the server. (This should not
   be *thin client*, as thin client uses the ram and swap resources of the
   server, here it should be of the individual computer)
   4. A user could login from any computer.

Any idea how to work with this.....???
I dont know from where to start........ Any name for such a
network.......????

Suggestions.......???

Junise Safvan

www.gnuise.co.cc