[fsug-calicut] Re: [OT] FOSSMeet 2013 Event Announcement

  • From: Kiran Abraham Korah <mr.kiran.ak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:47:56 +0530

As Happens with BIOS*, *it means the issue is hardware related.

Try Plugging and plugging system RAM and SMPS cables to the board.

If the problem persists most probably,

Your  system board's  integrated video chip has issues.

If your system is still in warranty try replacing it under warranty.

If no longer in warranty, you will need to decide about replacing the
system-board or optionally having the video chip re-soldered ( it is much
less expensive).

[what are the chipset and video chip in your notebook's system board?

Use CPU-z  <http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html>and
GPU-z<http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2157/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.6.4.html>
fin that information.]