[fsug-calicut] LINUX For You [Commercial]

  • From: "Niraj Sahay" <niraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:55:25 -0000

Dear Linux enthusiasts,

This December, we bring you the latest release of Ubuntu Breezy Badger
(5.10)-in the easy to use live distro form. So try out Linux now
without burning a hole into your hard-disk. Also, there are articles
that help you do that extra bit with Linux-master DVDs, survive
hard-disk crashes, become that hip song-guy in the party circle and
more. Sample some cool articles at [http://www.linuxforu.com] the LFY
website.

What a year it has been for Linux-more and more people and
organisations have taken to open source without apprehensions!
Befittingly, as a premier platform for the open source community, we
have tried to bring some of these heroes to the limelight-through our
TuxHero feature! A TuxHero is a person or an organisation that has
shown the courage to take the initiative of migrating/adopting open
source solutions. Three of them shared their stories with us for the
December issue. We invite all of you to come forth with yours!

Some cool articles in the December issue that will grab your attention
are:
MOVIX-PLAY YOUR MUSIC ON DEMAND! :  Ever knew there was a live-distro
that let you play all formats of music on the move? Discover MoviX!

LINUX AT PLAY : Linux is not all just play... it has some excellent
games that let you do more than just kill time (of course, you can do
that too :-) ) Fall in love all over again with Linux-in its new
gaming avatar!

SURVIVE HARD DISK CRASHES WITH LINUX:  Ever had those sleepless nights
after a hard-disk crash gobbled up all your creative output in one
thud? Relax-Linux will help you resurrect your dead data!

MASTERING DVDs WITH LINUX: DVD mastering with Linux is no rocket
science. Catch this wonderful hands-on guide, and you'll
agree.

Plus, there are other great articles that sharpen your Linux skills

* Puppy Linux-wherever you go, your Linux follows!

* A PostgreSQL Primer

* The Best Kept Secrets of OpenOffice.org

* Linux Filesystems-Get your basics right!

        And for the software savvy, there is a CD-full of goodies that will
help them turn their Linux desktop into an open source powerhouse.

THE NEW AVATAR OF LINUX FOR YOU
-------------------------------
Post September, we have made an initiative to make LFY more
reader-friendly. Besides a cool new layout, there is a conscious
attempt to categorise articles so that readers can  more easily find
the stuff that they feel interested in. Plus, LFY is now a single
magazine-so there are no separate LFY and LFY Pro. If you still
haven't taken a look at the new avatar of LFY, grab the December issue
straightaway!

WHERE TO GET YOUR COPY
----------------------
In case you have problems getting your copy of LFY, please feel free
to reach out to our dealers listed below.

Ahmedabad - Mr. S. K. Sharma (079-26577068)

Banglore - Mr. Devaru Bhatt (080-22261305, 080-22252385)

Chennai - Mr. Vijay Rengan (044-28273893)

Hyderabad - Mr. Ramesh Rajgopal (040-27564945, 040-27561140)

Kolkata - Mr. Mehta (033-2498096)

Mumbai - Mr. Indur Vaswani (022-24943707)

New Delhi - Mr. P. K. Das (011-23313014)

Pune - Mr. Ashok Basant (020-26131261)

Trivandrum - Mr. Hari Kumar (0471-2475443)

** This communication aims to inform the Linux community about the
information contained in LINUX For You-Asia's first and only magazine
on open source-and we hope it will be taken positively.

FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :
//www.freelists.org/webpage/fsug-calicut