[fsug-calicut] Fwd: [fsug-tvm] Fwd: Invitation for Malayalam-FUEL

  • From: Kartik Singhal <kartiksinghal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug Calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 19:07:43 +0530

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sooraj kenoth <soorajkenoth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Subject: [fsug-tvm] Fwd: Invitation for Malayalam-FUEL
To: fsug-tvm <ilug-tvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ani Peter
Date: 2011/2/1
Subject: Invitation for Malayalam-FUEL

Hi,

I am glad to inform that Swathanthra Malayalam Computing (SMC), the
active Malayalam community in open source is conducting FUEL
(Frequently Used Entries for Localization;
https://fedorahosted.org/fuel) for Malayalam. We have arranged an
event called

"Malayalam Translation Quality" - FUEL for Malayalam"
on
06th Feb 14:40hrs
at NITC along with the Fossmeet.

FUEL is a Red Hat initiated project to ensure a standardized and
consistent look in a desktop through collaborative innovation. This
helps the users to understand and use same translations across all
applications on a desktop. Malayalam Translations are often done by
technically qualified people who are proficient in both English and
Malayalam. To make it more effective, we are introducing the localized
desktop to the common people or users and get their feedback.
Lecturers and students from various colleges and universities in
Kerala are invited for the same. All support and assistance for this
event is provided by Zyxware Technologies, Thiruvananthapuram.

The event organized at NITC is an introductory session for FUEL. The
audience will be introduced to the existing Malayalam desktop,
different applications in Malayalam etc, make them understand the need
of FUEL and then again with the same audience the FUEL completion will
be done later in the next session which we plan to conduct by February
end.

SMC takes care of different Malayalam Localization projects like
Fedora, Debian, Firefox, KDE, Gnome, WWW-ML etc. SMC is a strong
Malayalam community driven by Malayalam speaking malayalees from all
walks of life around the world, working on different software and
applications in Malayalam for Malayalam and other Indian languages.
More details about SMC projects at: http://wiki.smc.org.in/.

I cordially invite all of you to attend the event and make it a
success helping the Malayalam Localized desktop to be more useful and
effective.

Thanking you
Best regards
Ani Peter
Malayalam Localization - Red Hat
(Swanthantra Malayalam Computing member)

--
Regards
Sooraj Kenoth

"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World", M. K. Gandhi

--
"Freedom is the only law".
"Freedom Unplugged"

ilug-tvm-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx