[fsug-calicut] Re: Free Software Promotion

  • From: santhosh V Krishnan <krishnanvedan_75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: praveeneea_nitc@xxxxxxxxxxx, fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 06:56:34 +0100 (BST)

Praveen,
thats great maaan. am also from palakkad and lets make this happen

with full support
Santhosh

praveen A <praveeneea_nitc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello frns,

That's a great news, keep the good work going. I
belive the involvement of Free Software like Gimp in
curriculam is definitely ganna help spread the cause.
I sincerely hope it will make an effect.

Anyone tried the new initiative of Novell to have an
open source .net implementation ? It is called mono.
go-mono.com and mono-project.com

Can we try expanding the s2s2 range to other places
than Kannore ? As I'm from Palakkad I believe I can
help to start one for Palakkad ( Like branches but not
branches, Independant operations but help and support
or can be any structure but the idea is to stread the
cause).

Bye

Praveen

--- swathantra software wrote: >
Hello to all,

> [...]
> "Free Software" and GNU/Linux awareness program
> among young students
> and others. The program has been well attended and
> appreciated by all.
> We have conducted seminars on " Philosophy &
> Concepts of Free Software " &
> shown live demonstration of free software
> applications using Knoppix 3.4 CD at
> various places.The activities included the
> following.
>
> 1)Govt. ITI for Girls, Kannur on 4th June 2004
> One Full day Orientation Program consisting
> Seminar + Live Demo
>
> 2) NTTF, Nettur, Telichery on 6th June
> One Full day Program for computer science
> students
>
> 3) Govt Polytechnic College Kannur on 9th June
> After noon - Seminar plus Demo
>
> 4) Members of Kudumbasree , Kasargod Unit, on 12 th
> June
> One Day Training on Operation & Use of GNU/Linux
> system
>
> 5) LBS Center for Science & Technology, Kannur on
> 17th June
> Half day( Forenoon )- Seminar and Demo
>
> 6)Sir Syed institute of IT, Thaliparamba, Kannur on
> 17th June
> Afternoon - Seminar plus Demo
>
> 7) Appointment with District Collector & District
> Information Officer
> Had a fruitful discussion with Kannur district
> collector about creating awareness on the use of GPL
> software products in public domain.It is to be noted
> that the officials had appreciated and are very
> encouraging to the use of people
> friendly solutions using non-proprietary softwares.
> The good things is that
> Kannur District Collectrate is getting migrated to
> GNU/Linux applications. Also lots of initiative is
> being taken by district NIC office to use non
> -proprietary solutions for e-gov applications and
> education.If reports(unofficial)
> are to be believed, PALAKKAD collectrate will be the
> first to get wired using thin
> clients running GNU/Linux!!.
> -----------------------
> (-!-) Seminar on Free Software at Sreepuram School
> could not be materialized due to Transport strike on
> the day. Many engineering colleges showed interest
> in conducting seminars on "free software",but due to
> examination schedules, students were not available
> in June.
>
> (*!*) This year, the Xth standard text book has more
> contents on Free Software applications. There is one
> chapter on GIMP included.
>
> The general impression is that People have made
> notice of the power of GPL & the value of FREEDOM in
> using people friendly GPL products.

> That's all now
>
> ------------------
>
> Sujeevan
> S2S2,
> Kannur
> email- s2s2@xxxxxxxxx
> website:http://s2s2net.netfirms.com

> FOR latest CDs contact s2s2@xxxxxxxxx
> Contact us for setting up thin clients(using LTSP)

Yahoo! India Careers: Over 50,000 jobs online
Go to: http://yahoo.naukri.com/