[fsug-calicut] Re: Amal Dev's post...

  • From: "Dileep M. Kumar" <dileep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: devxx9 <devxx9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 14:00:24 +0530

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 06:38:47AM -0000, devxx9 wrote:

>>>         i am not a part  of fsug-india.  truely says ,i knew there
>>>         is a user group in  calicut only days before,i think it is
>>>         not listed in lug-india.here calicut nit a lug was working
>>>         when i came for first  year ,we had a students server also
>>>         ,tux.we also had a  mailing list .now its down.after exams
>>>         we will try  to up it.then as people had  done we will try
>>>         to join it to the mailing list of fsug.

FSUG != ILUG

The  difference   is  in  the   ethical  angle  of   Software  Freedom
concept. FSF-India (www.gnu.org.in)  followers believe that Freedom is
more important than technical issues.  Most of the ilugers are against
this argument.

You may please take a look at www.gnu.org. Esp pages like

o http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/
o http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html