[fsf60k] meeting minutes

  • From: "richard wiltamuth" <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:26:42 -0400

dear friends,
at our meeting last night, marie baldwin was given a friends check for $300.
the money will go to backpacks for success, a huntington town program that
provides school supplies.
it was pointed out that the group needs leadership for local projects and
that our effort ought to be wider than nicaragua. for a variety of reasons,
members of the local committee are less involved. any suggestions for local
charities and/or volunteers are welcome.
a fund-raiser in the fall is being explored, but specifics are still
lacking. it was suggested that we should do a fund-raiser annually, not only
to fatten our coffers but to keep our name in the public eye.
we are awaiting a response from a foundation on our proposal to build 100
homes in chacraseca.
cow harbor day is sept. 21, and we along with students for 60,000 plan to
have tables. volunteers will be needed. we have some nicaragua items to
sell, but other items would be welcome. we hope to have a friends brochure
to hand out.
george pardo reports that 10 plots have been dug for the biointensive
farming project in nuevo amanecer.
professional help is being sought to complete the annual irs tax filing.
that is all. stay tuned for announcement of next meeting.