[fsf60k] for tonight

  • From: michael cipoletti <ikecip@xxxxxx>
  • To: Pete White <Pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 16:55:21 -0500

 so as we discussed
the water project is functioning
the inaguration took place a couple weeks ago and andrew had some leak points
that needed to be addressed.
all in all phase one is completed

phase 2 will be to get 20 people to test the arsenic removal filters and see
how they work in community ect.

phase 3 still needs funding and we need to discuss how to help make this happen
between friends,  fne, sf60k.
i think we will learn quickly how people feel about and treat the new system.
the new system needs to begin shifting the power into the hands of the
community.
the responsibility for paying etc needs to come from the beneficiaries.

sf60k will be continuing a project started by the jen lazo group to put floors
in to the houses in nuevo
families are paying 20% of the cost ( i do not have the exact figures with me)
this will reduce parisities (like hook worm).

field of dreams update
vicente padilla signed with the red sox and a friend of mine who works for el
nuevo diario (and lives in boston) will have access to him.
also during the fundraiser we did in december at eastern standard restaurant
marry lucchino (one of the red sox owners) was present and agreed to help the
restaurant do some sort of fundraiser for the FOD i am working on coordinating
something with my contacts at the restaurant and will let you know as i know
more .

as for trip dates
groups related to FNE will be in chac from the 4-20 of march and 29-8 of april
there is a trip planned for late april as well sometime around the 20th.

i can get other groups schedules as well if you need.
peter ask emily and the miami folks what there schedule is.

sorry i could not make it tonight.

talk soon
mc