[fsf60k] THANK YOU from FCVS

  • From: "Janet Liotta" <janetliotta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 23:54:22 -0500

Dear Dick and all members,

Thank you for giving FCVS the opportunity to speak at the FSF60K meeting on
January 7th.  We received many good suggestions that will help us with the
day to day struggles we face in our service to the Farmingdale day laborers
through our project at La Casa Comunal.

One of the suggestions given at the Jan. 7 meeting was to place our needs
before the larger FSF60K newsgroup membership in the hope that some of you
out there might be sympathetic to our mission which basically is to provide
hospitality for the day laborers in Farmingdale and promote tolerance
through cultural exchange.

As we explained at the meeting, our needs are tremendous.  FCVS's annual
budget is $46,296.  Our present balance is about $8000. That gets us through
April.  After that, all is a big question mark.  Since our mission  involves
service more than activism, it is  difficult to engage the interest of the
grant makers.  It is evident that we will have to rely on personal donations
to continue our work.

If you are a person committed to social justice, especially as it relates to
immigrants from third world countries and would like to help us with a one
time donation or an ongoing monthly pledge, please contact us at:
              Farmingdale Citizens for Viable Solutions, INC.
                150 So. Front Street
                   Farmingdale, NY 11735
                      516-249-0416
Farmingdale Citizens for Viable Solutions, INC is a 501 (c) (3)
organization.  Our tax number is 233552

Another need is one of a mentoring nature.  We need pro bono assistance in
the areas of non-profit counsel, accounting and board formation.  FCVS would
like to develop By-Laws specifically for our own organization.  At present
we use the generic variety that came with our incorporation kit.  ??

Finally, we need fundraising and public relations expertise.  At present, we
are contemplating a website and are discussing this with a professional
web-designer. Eventually, we would also like to create a brochure.

We appreciate your consideration and thank you once again, for your past
support and help.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Janet Liotta
516-249-0939