[fsf60k] Meeting date change!

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:06:33 -0500

Hello to All Friends,

        A few things came up and Dick and I thought it best to move our next
meeting back one week, from the first Thursday of March to the second
Thursday of March. So our next general meeting of Friends of Students for
60000, Inc. will be at 7:30 p.m. on Thurs. March 11!  Please note the
change. Sorry if this change causes any huge problem for any of you.

        There are many things happening, and of course some not happening. We
are
awaiting the water study from the people in Telica, the municipality near
Nuevo Amanecer. Once we have that information , we'll know how to proceed.
We also may get some good technical advice from a not for profit called
Water for People (See www.waterforpeople.org). They have an office in
Managua and do projects in Nica and six other poor countries. Mike is going
to Nica next week with a group from his old college, Stone Hill COllege in
MA. Students had a good trip in early Feb. and is going back in late March
with another group. Shari's group from JMU is going in early March and we've
been facilitating with banking and other assistance. Kathleen Cusumano and I
have been keeping up with our books and are ready for our 2009 tax filing.
We need to discuss how to raise funds. Except for some donations and the
$6000 housing grant, we didn't bring in much money in 2009. Our housing
initiative has completed all 8 of the houses in Chacraseca. There'll be a
report at the meeting. So far I've not received any checks in the mail for
Haiti relief following Fran Killelea's emails. Maybe everyone gave to
another org? Also we would like to have whatever info/update can be provided
about our web site. How to bolster membership, through facebook or other
means, and attendance at meetings. Update on the FSL/HIHI community garden
in Hunt. Sta.  I'm sending out a letter to 225 MLB players for the Field of
Dreams Project, could use some help. These and other topics. Also if you
have topics you'd like to see on the agenda, let me know, or bring them up
at the meeting. Hope you can all come. Sorry about the date change. Be well.
PW

NEXT MEETING IS SECOND THURSDAY IN MARCH, MARCH 11 !!!!!!!

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***