[fsf60k] Meeting Date Changed to April 26th, 2012

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:15:45 -0400

Hola to All Members of Friends of SF 60K,

Our regular meeting will be changed to April 26th!

As you know, normally we meet the first Thursday of each month. However,
this month the first Thursday of April is part of Holy Week and Passover.
Kids/families are off school. Also, Kate and Lisa are going to be in
Nicaragua this coming week and won't be able to attend. Also, Pete will be
out of town the following week. We discussed this and decided that it would
be best to postpone the early April meeting until Thurs. eve. April 26. This
will serve as a late meeting for April, and an early meeting for May. We
hope this doesn't confuse anyone, but we're having one meeting to cover both
months. If ityou have questions, please email Pete at
pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the meanwhile, please don't remain inactive. People are doing things, and
getting things done. There are things happening. Good things. Pete has
written a letter of inquiry to Major League Baseball for a donation toward
the Field of Dreams Project. MLB has acknowledged the letter and provided
guidelines for the next step in the process. Dick Wiltamuth authored a grant
proposal to a Calif. foundation that has been accepted for $10000 for
Chacraseca housing. All we have to do is match it. Pete has commitments from
some groups and individuals for nearly half that amount, so part of the
matching job is getting done. Please think of ways to help in this matching
effort so we can get all of the $10K grant money.

Keep your thinking caps on. Please do not think that you can't be doing
something just because a meeting is being postponed due to holidays.

Be well. Stay in touch.

Pete and Kate

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***