[fsf60k] Re: Kidney failure in Nicaragua article

  • From: Emily Sendin <esendin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:19:51 -0500

Thanks for sharing Frank. This is endemic in Nicaragua. Adults and children
suffer from chronic renal failure even in Chacraseca where there is now potable
water (most of the time but still not consistently). It is obviously even more
prevalent in communities like La Isla in Chichigalpa where workers are exposed
to pesticides and chemicals in the sugar cane fields---a high price to pay to
make flor de caña.

Sent from my iPhone