[fsf60k] Jan 3 meeting; Happy New Year

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:12:03 -0500

Hola Amigos,
        The next meeting of Friends of Students for 60000, Inc. is scheduled for
Thursday night, Jan. 3, 2008, at 7:30pm in room H104 of Npt. HS. We hope all
can make it. Please email me topics0/issues you want discussed. I can tell
you that thanks to your efforts and the efforts of a few of the SF60K, we
received more than $1000 in Special Gifts from the pamphlets distributed.
Also, we are getting excited about the upcoming Feb. and Apr. Nicaragua
trips with the students. There are 91 kids interested in going and we may be
able to accomodate all of them (We're trying hard). We also have a
suggestion/proposal from Bob Skypala to have solar elect. panels placed in
the community center of Nuevo Amanecer and first time light! This will be
very exciting for them and us. It is only about $1850 to do so, and we have
$1500 in grants so we only need the add'l $350. This will be part of the
discussion Thursday night. But please do send me/us your topics so we can
frame the agenda. Until then, Prospero Ano Nuevo. See you then, on Jan. 3!!!
Pete and Dick.
P.S. Did anyone finish their letters to politicians/others about our
discussion of how govt/media are treating recent immigrants? We can get back
on this topic if no one did. Also the laptop per child mail came back to us.
Seems they only take credit cards or get paid over the internet. No checks.
Marie and Linda, how do you want me to pay them? PW

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***