[fsf60k] FW: RHINO's new project

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lisapflanagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, clubgomes@xxxxxxx, abbyfl57@xxxxxxxxx, kelleystanford@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 11:16:48 -0400

Hi. I just received this. Passing it on to you as an FYI. PW
    From: Kate Snider <Kate@xxxxxxxxx>
    Date: September 18, 2009 2:20:01 PM EDT
    To: Margaret Bolt <office@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "W. F. Mansell, Jr."
<fmanselljr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Frank Mansell III <jkpcpastor@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
rstuder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, marie baldwin <mzbaldwin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: RHINO's new project

    Rebuilding Hope in New Orleans
    A Ministry of St. Charles Avenue Presbyterian Church

    Dear RHINO Supporters,
    Four years after calamity struck the people and city of New Orleans, there
are still homes that need to be gutted.  Families are still scattered across
the nation, struggling to find the means to return home and rebuild.  The
horrors of Katrina that once dominated news stories across the globe are still
playing out in New Orleans, though they have faded from mainstream media
coverage.  Rumor has it that the work in New Orleans is almost done, yet those
who love this place know the work has only begun.  RHINO would like you to join
us on a new project as we continue rebuilding hope: �Project Renew Green
Street.�
    As the fourth season of RHINO commences, we rejoice with the 11 new
homeowners who now reside on Ferry Place.  We marvel at how God has worked
through our ministry and the faithful volunteers who support it, and we are
sobered by the reality of increasing need in our community.  Even as private
developers rebuild homes near Ferry Place, long-time neighborhood residents
struggle to maintain dilapidated homes.
    RHINO has had a transformative influence on Ferry Place, but we do not want
to stop there.  We believe a targeted approach that focuses attention and
resources on a designated area is the most effective strategy for serving the
community.  With this in mind, we are working with Habitat to develop a new
build site six blocks north of Ferry Place.
    Habitat owns 3 pieces of adjoining property on Green Street that have the
potential to become 3 new homes.  Full sponsorship of a house in New Orleans is
$85,000.  To make Project Renew Green Street happen, we need to raise $255,000.
 St Charles Avenue Presbyterian Church has been so moved by the indefatigable
spirit of our volunteers and their continued support that we would like to
begin the project by utilizing currently available RHINO funds of $85,000 to
build one house.  In order to build the other two houses, we need to raise
$170, 000.  We hope to reach this goal by June 30, 2010.  (Any additional funds
raised will go toward future projects.)
    Volunteers are the life and blood of our ministry, and we are asking you to
help us raise these funds.  Whether it is a special offering from your church,
a tax-deductible donation from your employer, or donations individually raised
through a letter writing campaign, we hope you will join us in supporting
Project Renew Green Street. Checks should be made payable to �SCAPC� and should
distinguish �RHINO/Green St� in the memo line or make a donation online.  All
donations will be acknowledged by a letter with tax i.d. information.
    We hope you are as excited about this new opportunity as we are and will
heartily join us as we seek to help three families achieve their dreams of
homeownership.
    Still charging ahead,

    Dr Don Frampton                              Katherine S Snider
    SCAPC Senior Pastor                         RHINO Program Manager

    1545 State Street
    New Orleans, LA 70118
    (504) 897-0101 x111
    (504) 897-0105 FAX