[fruityloops] Re: Overdrive to Warm Drum loops

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Sep 2002 07:14:17 +0000

Hi Patrick,

> My friends FL=B4ers. Since i don=B4t even think about produce Hi-fi, real=
ly=20
> clean sounds, here in my bedroom, i produce Nice, but Fuzz Sounds. I know=
=20
> FruityLoops Can do a great professional job. But...
> By now, i keep the noise. Reading some articles and Tutorials, i saw=20
> something about Pass the sounds trough an overdrive processor to get a mo=
re=20
> warm sound. All this after compression.   Can You tell me something about=
=20
> it?  What can i do with drum loops in such a way?

As far as fruity effects go, there is the fruity blood overdrive (great
for large amounts of distortion) and the fruity fast dist.

If you just want a add bit of crunch and warmth, the camelphat plugin is
what you want.  This doesn't come with fruityloops, but you should be
able to find the demo using a search engine.  I don't think it is that
expensive to register it.

As far as compression goes, there are several VST compressors out there
that add warmth to the signal they process.  You might want to check out
the free ones at mda-vst.com.

hope that helps,

Andy
--=20