[fruityloops] Gated Reverb: tutorial

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:25:47 +0100

Hi all,

OK, I finally figured out a good way to do gated reverb this evening, so here
is a quick run down of how to do it:

- Create a pattern to play a single drum sample once a bar (I suggest a hand
clap or a snare).
- Make sure the sampler is sending to FX channel 1 (the default)
- Insert a fruity reverb in FX channel 1 in the top position (use the default
settings)
- Insert a peak controller in FX channel 1 in 2nd position.
- In the peak controller window, un-select the mute button (bottom right corner)
- Insert a fruity mute 2 in FX channel 1 in 3rd position.
- Open the fruity mute 2 and right click on the "Mute" knob, select "Link to
controller"
- In the middle of the dialog box is a drop down list, change this to "Peak
ctrl (FX2) - Peak"
- In the Peak controller window set the Base knob to minimum, the Vol Knob to 3
o'clock and the Dec knob to about 10 o'clock.
- Now press play
- Adjust TNS (tension) in the peak controller window to adjust the level at
which the gate shuts off the tail of the reverb.

Thats it....

Andy