[fruityloops] Compression - a few examples

  • From: "Gwydion Elderwyn" <Gwydion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:15:22 +1000

Just threw a few quick examples together so you can hear what I was talking
about.

I have MP3 files of these, but these FLPs use standard fruity stuff so
everyone should be able to hear them.

Bassdrum.flp shows how using a compressor can not only give the bass drum
more punch but can bring more of the character of the sound out of it.  The
first pattern is a straight 4/4 bass.  The second pattern is a far more
extreme sound, but comes from the same sample!

Bassline.flp shows how a compressor can be used to even out the volume of a
group of notes.  I deliberately played the arpeggio to start loud, go soft,
then get loud again.  In the second pattern, the same arpeggio is played via
a compressor.  The differenece is pretty clear!

These are not definitive examples of compression, just something to get you
started.

HTH,
G.

-- Type: application/octet-stream