FRTM - "Set A Better Sail" in 2010

  • From: michael.bray@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 11:33:00 -0700

Happy New Year Fellow Toastmasters,

Nancy and I spent most of our holiday vacation with family and friends in
Shreveport, Louisiana and had a wonderful time doing so. We both hope you
all had a glorious time with all your family and friends and wish you all
a very HAPPY NEW YEAR.

W. Clement Stone said, ?New life, new blood, new activity? and I am
excited about our new slate of Officers. I know we all bring a new and
sincere level of energy to the club. This I believe will generate a new
level of activity. Below is your next slate of Officers, please seek out
their help as you need.

President.: Michael Bray
V.P. Education: Julia Uhrich
V.P. Membership: Dirk Kittredge
V.P Public Relations: Steve Dalbac
Sergeant of Arms: Paul Dalbac
Secretary: Ray Pezolt
Treasurer: Robert Baker

I was inspired by listening this holiday season to an American Icon and
have made him my personal mentor.  His name Jim Rohn (America?s Foremost
Business Philosopher and Motivational Speaker)?.plan on hearing me quote
from him often in 2010.  As I was listening to one of Jim?s audio tracks
he said something very profound I feel is very apropos for us all.   He
said (in short), ?The same wind blows on us all; the wind of disaster, the
wind of opportunity, the wind of change?., and it?s not the blowing of the
wind that determines our future, it?s the set of our sail?. The sail we
have in all of us can be set to put us on the course we want and not be
pushed into directions we don't want...but we must choose to set a
different sail than we had last year (or the last decade). If your are
interested, listen tohim at ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBjp9LOCy0

Here?s to a new and better direction by setting a sail of our own
choosing!!!

As your club President, I committed to be the best I can be and am here to
help each of you obtain your 2010 TM goals. If there is anything we need
to improve in FRTM, please let me know. My cell phone number is
720-940-3832, home phone number is 303-635-9896 and my email address is
michaelbray@xxxxxx

It is my belief to be more successful in accomplishing goals or objectives
is to make them visible to others apriori, my 2010 TM goals are:
For FRTM to be President?s Distinguished Club.
Complete 10 manual speeches.
To be available to help each of you accomplish your goals.

Please plan to share yours with all of us as soon as you can.

To our success,
Michael
President, FRTM

P.S. Jim Rohn also says to set this better sail, ?Learn to work harder on
yourself than you do on your job and you become more valuable to the
market place.?  As TMs were are, aren?t we?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfA-qNWLBHo