[Frink66] [Rudd-forever] Introducing: spaceman-forever!

  • From: Melissa Zhang <mzhang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rudd-forever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 00:25:11 -0800

Mighty Rudds of all generations,

By popular demand, rudd-forever is back ... but in a less invasive form.
Introducing spaceman-forever@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!

(1) What is spaceman-forever???
This mailing list is for chit-chat among all Rudds. You are NOT
automatically on this list. If you want to subscribe yourself to this list,
click on the following link and subscribe with whichever email address you
would like. Please don't email me unless you have problems doing this
yourself. --->
https://hermes.ugcs.caltech.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/spaceman-forever

(2) But what about the forum?!?
The rules for spaceman-forever are that if in conversation you happen upon
some noteworthy facts, you should voluntarily post it on the forum so that
everyone can know about it, including the people not on this list! The
forum is also going get some major additions when our new Secretary,
Caroline "Caro" Werlang, begins her term (quite soon)!

(3) Why the name?
 The "Spaceman" is what we currently call the mural on the stairs by 1.5
(intersection of Alleys 1 and 2) painted by "P. Cormier" in 1979, in,
according to legend, like two days. This is where we have, until very
recently, always posted the most important things Rudds needed to know
about, like sign-ups and Constitutional Amendments for ratification, etc.
(Recently it has been discovered that this habit results in a fire hazard,
so we had to stop.) Since the Spaceman was essentially the Ruddock physical
forum, it is part of the name. The "forever" part is in loving memory of
rudd-forever; this mailing list is its beloved child.

(4) Any other rules?
Just a few. Please be considerate, e.g. don't send spam to all of us. But
all else is fair play, as long as you truly believe there is a
not-insignificant population of Rudds who are interested in the subject.

Let's see how this works. Have fun, guys!

(In other news, Ath Clothes are here. I'll be sending them out soon. But if
you ordered them I'll email you personally about this in a few days, when
midterms week is over.)

Secretarily,
Mel- "I'm going to miss the fun parts of this job" -issa

--
Melissa Zhang
(732) 823-6096