[frgeek-michiana] tcl web server (tclhttpd) on indy

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:14:06 -0500

The tcl web server (tclhttpd) works on indy. Its not running as a daemon
but as a tcl script. So you need to fire up a tcl shell first.

# login to indy
ssh to indy: 216.138.156.34

# cd to the src tclhttpd bin directory
cd /usr/src/tclhttpd3.4.2-dist/tclhttpd3.4.2/bin

# start tcl shell and pass it parameters
# you'll probably need to use two lines
tclsh8.3 httpd.tcl \
-port 8001 -debug 1

# fire up a browser on your desktop or in a second terminal

http://216.138.156.34:8001/

The default Debian tcl is not thread enabled (I'll recompile it). So
nothing requiring threads works. But cgi and other stuff run ok. There was
a problem with the path to the standard tcl modules, which I fixed.

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>