[frgeek-michiana] Re: partimage

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 15:55:58 -0500

Yep. We discussed dd and partimage several times at labs. The sticking point is resizing the partitions after cloning. The second step adds complexity and time. Once volunteers are knocking out 8 boxes per lab again and we have a good supply of prepared hard drives in reserve, we will certainly give both programs a second look.

Tom

At 11:48 AM 5/12/05 -0500, you wrote:
Have you seen this ? Cheaper than Ghost!

Partimage

many formats (see below) to an image file. The image file can be compressed in
the GZIP/BZIP2 formats to save disk space, and split into multiple files to be
copied on removable floppies (ZIP for example), ... Partitions can be saved
across the network since version 0.6.0.

http://www.partimage.org/screenshots.en.html

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>