[frgeek-michiana] Re: XFCE 4 whacked my X

  • From: cmadzela <cmadzela@xxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:05:51 -0500

From:
http://learn.clemsonlinux.org/wiki/XFree_and_Xorg

XFree86 (a more exact name for XFree) and Xorg are both windowing systems. As XFree86 is becoming deprecated in favor of Xorg. However, at this time, they are nearly identical, except for the naming of certain files

It's supposed to be the same: The X.org configuration file name, though it uses the same syntax as XFree86's XF86Config file, is called /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

The error logs didn't help. But I noticed that X-windows stopped using XF86Config and began using xorg.conf. I discovered this when several edits of XF86Config didn't have any effect whatsoever. I edited xorg.conf and got an immediate reaction.

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>