[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse inventory move

  • From: Phil Goldbach <shadowvar8541@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:54:09 -0800 (PST)

Well, yes it is. From walking in, the north wall is straight ahead, the east
wall is the one with all the windows and bathroom, the south wall is where we
walk in and that dock doors, and the west wall is where our inventory currently
sits. Chuq and Tom are meeting with Abe (the manager I believe) from South Bend
Warehousing and Distributing at this moment. I just called Chuq, so he'll know
a bit more about it after the meeting. But for now, I'd be prepared to move the
inventory anyhow, and I'm expecting us to have to move it all inside.

From a logistical standpoint, it's really unacceptable, but we will have to
make do. It may require some fiddling around, and probably either a couple of
trips or pickups from ADEC-that would help reduce some inventory. My hope is
that if we can reduce our inventory down to just a few gaylords worth of stuff,
then whoever moves into that empty space will be kind enough to allow us to
store the inventory where it currently sits.

Otherwise, also be prepared for extremely cramped working conditions-and if
that's the case, then maybe we should hold off on new volunteers until we get
this situated, who knows by the time we get there, it may be all straightened
out. If we wind up getting stuck with having to move all of it inside, then
it'll give us a chance to go through it all (again) and possibly start an
actual inventory.

Phil Goldbach

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

"So we have to move our inventory to the other side of the west wall of the
workshop."

So yes, we
 DO have to move our inventory.

From: Phil Goldbach <shadowvar8541@xxxxxxxxx>
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 10:18 AM

I don't believe we can move all of our
 inventory into the workshop and still have room to work, or if we do, it's
going to be extremely cramped, if we even have any space left.

Ironically, I thought we were allowed to have the space where our inventory
sits for cold storage purposes.