[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - ALL HANDS ON DECK ALERT

  • From: "Fr. Robert Bower" <frrobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:09:35 -0400

Tom,

I just got a phone call it appears I will be leaving for Minnesota Friday morning sorry I will not be able to assist getting the pallet jack

Thanks,

Fr. Robert Bower
Batushka's Web Hosting & Design
frrobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
574.850.7982
http://www.batushkas.com
http://www.batushkas.net

Fr. Robert Bower wrote:
Tom,

Due to several emergencies my schedule is quickly filling up and not becoming mine.

If you still need my truck, can we meet at Harbor Freight tomorrow morning (Friday) between 9:15 and 9:30 to get the pallet jack?

Thanks,

Fr. Robert Bower
Batushka's Web Hosting & Design
frrobert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
574.850.7982
http://www.batushkas.com
http://www.batushkas.net

Tom Brown wrote:
Last Thursday Dale, Dan and I cleared out the bathroom nearest the warehouse door and some more of the server room and main room.

Last Tuesday, Goose and I cleared out one half of the main room. All the stuff on and under the white tables are boxed or trashed. The white tables are stacked against the wall, and that half of the carpet is swept and vacuumed. Goose and I worked on the server room a while before we quit. The last set of shelves is ready to disassemble.

Tonight, Goose and I will work on emptying the lab gear in the second bathroom if we can find pallets to put the gear on, and we'll continue clearing the server room. There are miscellaneous items on the warehouse floor which need to be wrapped on pallets or put in gaylords too.

:: Bad News

We are out of bare pallets.

Our donated fork lift truck is useless. The transmission went out sometime last week. The cost of fixing the transmission is equal to the value of the lift truck so RBHS decided not to fix it. Therefore, we have no forklift going forward.

There is one forklift left at the warehouse. We have to share it with RBHS which has a crew working nights to clear their inventory. Bob Betz said RBHS is going to rent a second forklift so he can speed up operations. However, we only have use of the forklifts when Bob isn't using them.

The warehouse management has begun to clean and repair the walls and floors. Bob cleared and roped off a 40' by 80' area where the cleaning crew will begin work. Our inventory was condensed in one 40' square area to create the cleaning area.

I have severely reduced access to the RBHS pickup and flatbed trucks. They are in use most of the time, day and night. RBHS has a crew moving equipment and inventory to their new plant and a crew working on 400' hoses for the federal government in the evenings.

:: Plans

Mike and Dale are out of town this week so I am short handed. Dale has a pickup truck, but he's gone until some time next week. Fr. Robert has a small pick up truck which is probably large enough to transport a pallet jack so I'll arrange a time to meet him at Harbor Freight, buy a pallet jack and drop it at the warehouse.

I also need to buy or find 6-12 bare pallets. We've used all the undamaged pallets and need more. I'll also need a pickup truck to get the skids to the warehouse.

There are three Saturdays left before we must vacate: Oct. 17, 24, 31. It would be well to shoot for the 24th. If we can't move by then, we have the 31st. The warehouse management wants us out before the 31st so they can clean and repair the offices and the warehouse. They actually want us out now, but that isn't going to happen.

What we need:

- at least two people working the warehouse each Tu. and Th. evening; four would be better
- 6 skids on which to plastic wrap gear
- a pickup truck to get a pallet jack at Harbor Freight and skids
- schedule one Saturday to move inventory to SBWD, hopefully on Oct. 24
- rent a 24'-26' truck to move our inventory on Oct. 24
- a crew of 3-5 people on a Saturday to move inventory to SBWD on Oct. 24

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.