[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report - 8/12/2008

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:10:46 -0400

:: Keys, Shop-Vac, Drill Bits

Kevin cut 3 sets of keys (outdoor and indoor entrances). Dale took one set. I took the second set, and I'm holding the third set for Goose. If Dale and his wife in fact become snowbirds in November, he'll turn his set in for someone else to use.

I drove to Lowe's and bought a small 3 hp Shop-Vac and used it to vacuum around Kevin, Dale and Forest as they worked. I also bought a set of drill/screwdriver bits.

:: Outreach Projects

The St. Casimir/St. Adalbert project is back on track. The representative from St. Casimir left the school. Her replacement is ready to meet next week with the Special Projects coordinator from St. Adalbert and me. St. Casimir is the elementary school. St. Adalbert is the parish center.

I have a meeting with three people from Colfax Cultural Center on Thursday afternoon including the Center director. We will discuss a FreeLab and FreeBox distribution at the Center's campus.

:: Aluminum Recycling

Dale, Kevin and Forest demanned floppy and hard drives to separate aluminum from the steel and plastic. We aren't sure which recycler will give us the best price for clean aluminum or whether it is worth doing. Think of it as an experiment.

:: Annual Meeting in October

Now is the time to plan our October meeting. We will have a board meeting as required by our bylaws. Please think about nominations for board seats, proposals for the board to consider and proposals for fun and food.

####