[frgeek-michiana] Re: Warehouse Report - 2009/10/15

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:35:34 -0400

I reserved a 24'-26' box truck with lift gate at Penske in case the RBHS drivers can't help us on the 24th. The Penske truck doesn't require a chauffer or commercial drivers license. The rental will cost roughly $100. Sunday is essentially free so, if we need an extra day, we've got the truck. My nephew-to-be works at Penske and will waive the cancellation fee if a RBHS driver volunteers.

Tom

chuq jackels wrote:
as long as the truck is under 26,000 GVW lbs. you do not need any special licenses.

Chuq

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Dan and I met at 4:00 PM and quit around 6:15 PM. We disassembled
    the shelves in the main room and the server room, stacked all the
    tables against the wall, and packed all but a few boxes out of the
    main room and server room into gaylord boxes.

    Dan and I began to move the lab tubs to gaylords and stopped after
    the first one. We decided to stack them on pallets and wrap them
    with plastic. Since we had no useful gaylords left, it was time to
    quit. I stayed until Imre showed up after 7:00 PM with a load of
    pallets. We off loaded them, and I called Goose. He was just
    leaving his freelance tech gig in Goshen; it was close to 8:00 PM
    so we agreed to just go home.

    Dan, Goose and I will meet this Saturday at the warehouse at 2:00
    PM or a little after 2:00 PM -- I think my meeting will be over
    before 2:00 PM. If not, I'll call Goose to let he and Dan know
    when I'll get to the warehouse.

    Friday morning, I'll call Ryder and Penske to find out the exact
    costs and driver license policies for renting a truck. Bob Betz
    told me we will probably need a driver with a chauffer license or
    CDL to rent and insure a 24'-26' foot box truck. Bob said one of
    the RBHS commercial drivers might help us out. If the RBHS driver
    will work for us or volunteer his time, we might also use one of
    the large RBHS box trucks.

    Bob also told me I can use the red RBHS pickup truck Saturday to
    purchase a pallet jack at Harbor Freight.

    If things work out, we might meet the goal of moving the inventory
    on Saturday, the 24th. I have to contact Abe at SBWD to arrange
    the move.

    PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you
    wish for it to be in the public domain.

    To post to the list send email to frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
    The archive is available at
    //www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/

    You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the
    list website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana