[frgeek-michiana] Tour of Hesburgh library Information Services?

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fgmlug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 10:51:50 -0400

At NDLUG, I met Pascal Calarco who is the head of the Hesburgh Library Information Services. The library is a 100% Red Hat shop. If anyone is interested, I will ask Pascal to schedule a tour and QA session with him for FGMLUG.

Also, Pascal was excited to meet me. He has been following FGM for some time and knew we were involved at St. Adalbert/St. Casimir parish. He said he would come to an FGMLUG meeting although he didn't say when.

An NDLUG member asked the group to start an IRC to build community and share knowledge. I announced the IRC presentation at FGMLUG's October 3 meeting. Richard Dominguez, NDLUG Czar, put the FGMLUG home page on the projector screen so folks could see our schedule.