[frgeek-michiana] Re: Thursday WH Report 07-29-2010

  • From: chuq <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 17:57:46 -0400

I think a KVM for debanning is a bit of a waste, especially seeing as
how once you put it in and start it you can remove the disk and move to
the next system, not to mention that if you just run deban for about 20
minutes on each system that would be enough to ensure no data would be
had.  I challenge someone to try to do a recover after a 20 minute
deban.
Instead of deban you can just run this command from any live distro (dsl
since it is small, boots faster than puppy)
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda bs=1M
If you were to boot the system with DSL check out everything really
quick then before shutting down run dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda bs=1M
you have been able to take care of all of your birds with a single shot
basically.

Chuq