[frgeek-michiana] The Goose lab resumes!!!

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:25:52 -0500

1. Sorry I missed last night... I totally forgot yesterday was Tuesday....

2. Tom: My W2K box is ready at home when ever you are ready with the Quickbooks program for my Treasure duties. Also, would Friday be good for on in regards to bank issues?

3. Today I ordered Comcast Internet / Basic TV for the house. I can't stand not having an Internet connection anymore. It's just too tough trying to get anything done at home. Service should be up and running Saturday evening.

4. With that, do we want to resume the previous server setup at my house again or leave things the way they are presently?

5. With the internet I'll be ableto put the Goose lab back together. It's already there physically just to internet connection.

6. During a previous discussion the question came up about maybe looking a different distro. In that light, I'm taking my daughters old K6-300 /w a 2.1g hd and 64mb of ram and seeing how well Debian will run on it setup to look like VL 4.3.

I'm not able to report any results yet as I've discovered that doing a full CD based Debian install (14 cd's total) leaves a lot to be desired in the reliaility department of the install. If your going to install a Debian system, using the 'net install' method is definately a better way to go.

Once the internet is up and running I'll be rebuilding all my boxes and getting them running again.

7. With the laptop. I am still going to get wireless networking going on it. Yesterday I manually downloaded and compiled ndiswrapper on the laptop and downloaded the F5D7010 drivers for the Belkin wireless 54g card I am looking at purchasing. So far the laptop and ndiswrapper are reporting that everything is working! I just need to buy the card and get on with getting wireless networking going!

Richard

--
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
Safety Assistant / IT Guru

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>